Oy vey! My guess is the answer is no.
The decision spectrum meanders through a path of frustration on one side and what was I thinking on the other. In the middle of the route is the cow trail of Meh.
Big decisions can take a long time because there are so many issues to consider. Add emotions as a rich part of the consequences, decision making becomes good weather over our life parade.
Decisions means change. The recent fun list to write down 5 ways to improve yourself is a light hearted project.
Procrastination isn’t just about not getting things done. It is also about not thinking about the things that need thinking about. So, when I begin my list of 5, I start thinking about decision making instead.
Some may say that’s a distraction. Nah. I am clearly putting off listing 5 ways to improve myself.
Thus, not in order of importance, time is up, here goes:
- Treat paperwork tasks as an office I go to for an appointment. Always open mail on the day received. Calendar all yearly renewals, and due dates.
- Music. Have at least 2 hours of music playing every day. Set an alarm for serene music to play within 15 minutes of waking up.
- Radio. During meals and snacks especially, (to create an at table with friends atmosphere), listen to a local public radio station. Make a list of radio podcasts.
- Food. Make having daily fruit into a small ceremony. Sit at the table, have a place mat, a special dish or bowl, and use a fabric napkin. Tradition grounding, I feel, can enhance confidence.
- Meditate

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting