Friday, August 14, 2026

Ever feel like you’re a new person

It is after 1 PM EDT. I have yet to start my real day because I’m immersed in lazy. Like waiting to go on stage, (as I imagine it), when I do get up I know the task at hand, once complete, will leave me feeling like a new person. 

This is a milestone for me. Will it sit unused for months? Ready to use, will the thrill be gone? It is such a bug deal for me that I feel silly.

Nah. I will stare at it. I will sit there. I’ll peek around the doorway for a look. Eventually, I will tape a sheet of paper to the glass and draw. There are half a dozen major paintings in need of sketching out before I commit paint to canvas. 

The whole experience feels like a new chapter with me as a new person. From now on, when asked what I do, I will answer that I’m an artist, a blogger and a writer. I write poetry and fiction. I paint landscapes and abstracts. 

For now, I’m just lazy and enjoying the moment. 



It is out of the box


P.S.
As the day developed, set up of the drafting table is delayed until tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting