September 26, 2026

Day 269 Week 39 September 2026

Here we are at the last Saturday of September 2026. In 96 days, (about 13 weeks) it will be 2027.

Think about that for a moment. 

There’s enough time to prepare for a new year. If you’ve ever considered creating a calendar, then now is the time. If you want to celebrate the new year with a dinner or party, then there is time to plan. 

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

This morning my plan was to gas up. The days of feeling all right with half a tank are gone. First though, I bought a Dunkin hot coffee. By the time I arrive home, it will be cool enough to drink. 

Along the way to the lowest priced gas in Middlebury, I notice a tinge of orange on the Green Mountains’ Presidential Range. I expect foliage to turn earlier because the ambient temperatures cooled in August. 

Still, I’m surprised to see that much orange in the higher elevations this soon. Late first week into the second week of October is when I plan foliage excursions.

This year, leaf peeping begins for me next week. Well, as it happens, rain is in the weather forecast for most of next week.  

There is s Nor'easter along the upper Eastern Seaboard. This far inland in Vermont, we might not have as much rain. Rainy weather adds an atmospheric vibe to autumn. It also with the wind, sends foliage to the ground.

Enjoy a We’ll See Week

Sort your winter gloves
Cook a New England boiled dinner
Make a fruit salad
Browse hiking socks online
Research skin moisturizers
Read about pinecones
Draw a cluster of acorns
Play cards with friends

 
View from Dunkin drive thru
26 September 2026
New Haven Vermont


6 comments:

  1. Wow your Dunkin is in a pretty spot. Hope your Autumn is lovely. I can't wait for the tree colors here. Just a tinge here and there now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra,
      The drive thru wait there is 15-20 minutes on a busy Saturday morning. The scenery helps. 😂
      May

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous photo!!! I have been to Vermont many times...but not in the last 3 decades. Still, I have very fond memories of my visits there! I love Vermont! Quebec borders Vermont and we both have the best maple syrup and the most beautiful dramatic Autumn colours!
    Great ideas about the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Presently I’m on the hunt for a local honey and maple syrup. They are
      my autumn pumpkin hunting list.
      May

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty. How lucky you are to see this when you go for coffee. LOL Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole,
      The scenery in Vermont is very plentiful. It is one of the state’s best features.
      May

      Delete

Thank you for visiting