October 08, 2026

Forgot what I was going to type

 Since I don’t remember what I was going to post about, then I’ll just ramble on.

At 6 PM EDT it is still daylight in the Northern Hemisphere. The clocks go back an hour on November 1st. The late afternoon, early evening light is rather flat without a sun. Think of the golden hour light this time of year against colorful foliage. Consider planning a photo excursion to take advantage of the light.

Today is one of those days when what happens in real life, out does any Instagram video. Grocery store. In a situation, looking around, there were folks just as puzzled as I was at the check out area goings on.

On the real side, the asparagus spears I bought are smaller than, I believe, any I’ve seen for sale. They are for lunch tomorrow. Tonight, I treat myself to sesame noodles. 

Reading the label, I discover they aren’t noodles. They are linguine pasta with seame seeds in a soy sauce dressing. I think the last sesame noodles I had were in sesame oil. That’s what sesame noodles are. 

It is not just me, is the belief I hold that there are plastic lids and twist off bottle caps are far too difficult to remove. There is one juice I sometimes buy, where I have to saw the plastic ring connections off with a steak knife in order to open it. Twisting is suppose to break those connections. It does not. (I do open most tough lids.)
The plastic containers, sometimes I have to dent the container to release the lid. Using a knife to pry off the lid is much too dangerous. 

Watching CBS, the new “NCIS New York” last night, I have to say that I am impressed with the cast. I’m an “NCIS” fan. On the original show, the return of Di Nozzo as the new director made me cheer aloud. The “NCIS Origins” has revved up the intrigue as well.

Ripton, Vermont



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting