September 30, 2026

Ya gotta love a meatball sub

As a kid, a meatball sub (aka hero, hoagie, grinder), was a major treat for me as well as a struggle to keep a meatball from popping out.

I haven’t made meatballs in years. They are too much trouble to cook.  Instead, I make meatloaf sandwiches. 

My Meatloaf Recipe (one person size)

1 lb.  hamburg,  beef or turkey
1/2    medium onion diced
1/2    cup chopped curly parsley
1       shredded carrot
2      eggs
1/2   teaspoon garlic powder
1/2   teaspoon dry oregano
Mix ingredients well
Bake in a loaf pan at 350°F for 45 minutes
to internal temperature of 160°F
Last 19 minutes cover with tomato sauce

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

So, how’s my smooth rest of 2026 going? Not as placid as I hoped. Experiencing unpleasant people is a shock to one’s system. 

Nobody should have to get therapy to cope with nasty people. But, it is a good idea to have support. Please, if you find yourself in such a situation, then reach out, find a therapist that you can work with, set your goals and be good to yourself. 

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Fall is already in peak foliage in the upper elevations in Vermont and New England. New Hampshire may be a destination this year for a short day trip. My photograph folders need more pictures. A photography excursion for a full day is not on my agenda this year. 

The idea of moving to southern Vermont or New Hampshire in the next 2-3 years is back in my thoughts. Being closer to family in my older years feels like a good thing to consider. I would be fine staying where I am though. 


What am I looking for? 
Number one is a good hospital system nearby for general health as well as elderly care.
An active arts community
Easy shopping
Quaint downtown
A good library
No flood zones
A nice senior center

The more I think about it, the closer I am to not moving very far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting