This summer has an observation vibe early on. A feeling of what is going to happen next plays in the background of my mind along with the frequent chant, No Scotland, No party!
There are things I hope to do. For this year’s warm weather months in this northern hemisphere, not making plans is the theme I’m going to go by. Once the cast is replaced with a splint, my confidence doing more will kick in.
For now, I’m in awe that after 4 days not wearing earrings, I put in a pair of French wires using one hand. Yesterday I scored my 5th Wordle on 2 out of 120 games. I’m so scared about tripping and falling, I went barefoot. Having to use my right arm more, I ache more from sore muscles than the broken wrist.
Meanwhile, I’d like to paint today, sit outdoors under an umbrella with a no sugar ice tea, and glue something fun.
![]() |
| Tissue decoupage on an Altoids tin takes several layers to obscure the raised lettering. |
![]() |
| Adding fabric over the tissue, the raised lettering still shows through. It adds a homemade vibe. |


Hello-I'm so sorry you have broken your wrist! I'm glad for you though that you're doing some art. That always helps. Hope you are staying cool. Take care!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Debra
DeleteThe A/C is doing well enough that the heat wave passes like a background element in a movie.
Stay cool!
May
I am so sorry you fell. How very scary it must of been.
ReplyDeleteWe are going into the heat starting tomorrow. I made ice tea yesterday.
Cathy
Cathy,
DeleteIce tea yes! I usually make my own as well. The ready made Brisk ice tea is a favorite. The store I buy it, from ordered the half tea, half lemonade, and none of the plain ice tea.
Stay cool!
May
I like the theme of not making plans and most of the time I subscribe to it. This week I feel at a loss because my normal coffee 'dates' with two of my friends have both had to be canceled. Couple that with the heat and I'm all at 6's and 7's. It's too hot to knit so perhaps I might bestir myself and start a new landscape this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteMaryanne,
DeleteSorry you missed your meet up with friends.
A quilt snow scene might be cool. 😂
May
I am so sorry to hear about your arm injury. That has to hurt, along with being frustrating and having a cast on when it's so bloody hot. Very good on mastering earrings with one hand!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jeanie
DeleteThis morning it was easy to give up going for a second miracle putting earrings on.
Trying made me laugh though. 🤣
Doing errands early before it gets too hot is a summer shopping method that works.
Stay cool!
May