Between raindrops for me, has me waiting see if any rain falls here so that I don’t have to lug water back and forth to water the flowers. Thus far, I have been fortunate that enough rain reaches the plants.
Other than rain and high ambient temperatures, this summer has been a summer. Shrinking my summer plans and slowing my already slow pace has been a drag. So here’s a few things I’ve discovered about myself this summer.
⛱️ Not good waiting for deliveries. It is best that I don’t watch the Tracking information. Two days after placing an order, I fret over Where is it!
🍉 Don’t watch Instagram produce videos that start with either “Look at this” or “You may never.” Yep, I will probably never eat another raw bing cherry or buy them frozen.
⛺️ Camping videos are becoming a concern because of too many campers into bad weather, rain, snow, thunderstorms. A few are appear to be obsessed with storms. High winds, however, appears to be the weather element the majority do not like.
What discoveries have you made this summer?
![]() |
| Two Shy Monarch butterflies |

I thought I'd be able to skip watering for rain too but it seemed to bypass us. Unfortunately!
ReplyDeleteJeanie,
DeleteThe terrain over the area probably creates a weather umbrella
where rain misses more than it hits. Here it also happens with snow.
Between the Adirondack and Green Mountains, the Champlain Valley is
has interesting weather patterns.
May
We have had no rain at all. Not normal for us.
ReplyDeleteNicole,
DeletePrayers for no drought or floods
May
There's a problem with bing cherries?? I haven't purchased any cherries this year because I simply haven't seen any in the local stores that come from Canada. They're my favourite fruit so it's sad.
ReplyDeleteRained most of the day here which was welcomed by most but not those who want to be outdoors on the long weekend.
Maryanne,
DeleteA guy you on Instagram posts a reel about foods where he soaks Bing cherries in vinegar. Wiggling creatures emerge soon after. Not an image worth looking at, IMHO. So, if I see a similar post, I scroll on.
The lawn had enough rain here to be mowed again. Makes me wonder what the fall will be lije.
May
yyyeewww - now I definitely am glad I didn't find cherries in the store!
Delete