Monday, August 24, 2026

Thinking again: Starting out the last week of August

With thoughts about presentation and attitude, I begin the day pondering where am I where they are concerned.

There was a professor that taught a science course I took years ago. He taught easy style, captures well one’s attention, explains in terms, I feel, anyone can understand. 

You read the material, attend the lectures, all is good until an exam. Exams were the opposite style of easy to understand. Nowhere, I believe, written along the lines his lectures followed. The exams were hard core science right out of the textbook. It was like going from student in an introductory course (which it was) to a final for a master’s degree.

It felt very unfair to me, like a set up to fail. I knew the subject. I understand the science. Yet, exam times, I felt lost. 

That can happen when you are guided in one direction, but end up at another destination. 

Okay, thinking grade level. You don’t teach a first grader the same as you do a college freshman. That holds true, I believe, in how you write as well as paint.

At a juncture, what I paint and write is very much on my mind. My classroom experience rises up because it is a teaching guidepost that shows me paths to take, possibilities to consider, detours to avoid. 

On this Monday morning, it is a subject to post about because I am procrastinating. Instead of getting right into doing something physical, I’m relaxing by posting here, sharing thoughts. Tomorrow I expect to have something to show for where this pondering is going. 

Have a Wonderful Week!

Don’t think too much


P.S. 

Allow to add photos on Safari is once again blocked despite no change to my settings that allowed me to post photos the last time I signed into Blogger. 

Note: After installing Google App



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting