September is turning out to be an entertaining month. This and that are giving whatever a run for his money.
I’ve seen too many trees turning color too soon. I’ve seen folks sliding through red lights as if the word is out to scare folks into an early Halloween. I made it to the thrift store Saturday drop off with a big bag of clothes, and a full grocery bag of stuff. It was so much fun, the next time I will have even more.
A word about thrift store prices: Ouch!
That word describes how I feel when I look at price tags at a local thrift store.
For years I have wanted a vintage dinning room sideboard/buffet. Today, a Federalist style buffet is at the thrift store marked $300.00 US dollars. Less the 35% off sale going on today, the cost is still out of my budget. With a good polish, it is, I believe, a reseller’s dream. A quick Internet search today shows me there are folks that want thousands for them.
It is unlikely I will buy one because I can repurpose a bureau to make my own for less.
Repurpose? I estimate, using a weekend overnight bag, that I can fill it with old costume jewelry bits and pieces. Folks laugh about fabric stashes. Think bead stashes. I have broken necklace beads from 1975. None of it has value, no gold, no gemstones.
The old cheap earrings though, have dangles that can be reused on non-allergenic ear wires.
![]() |
| Sterling silver ear wires |


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting