September 09, 2026

What’s going on today with rain on the way?

Reading. There are 3 or 4 books stacked up waiting for me to read. Bettering my life includes reading because it is good activity that occupies the mind with life’s possibilities. 

Possibilities are a fuel for hope as well as creativity. Thinking about how to make the most of this years early arrival of fall, I’ve given up pouting about summer ending. Instead, I’m embracing a soup and hot chocolate attitude. 

The local Shaws frozen food section rarely has squash. (I’ll put in a request.) I have to buy fresh squash, bake it and then make the soup. A problem I have with that is I eat the squash before it makes it to the soup pot. Frozen, I just put it in the pan. 

Anyway, the first soup of the season will be squash soup with chicken and lots of parsley. The second soup will be French Onion, and the third will be lentil and spinach soup. Once I have those cooked well, the plan is to build a soup menu from new to me recipes. 



10 comments:

  1. Yay for the arrival of soup season. I love squash too and we sometimes buy frozen and add some other veggies to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill,
      Adding veggies is a good idea first a quick meal.
      May

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about eating the squash before it gets to being made into soup. We love butternut squash but it's so expensive so we don't buy it as often as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie,
      Growing squash is easy if you have the space.
      May

      Delete
  3. Reading is a wonderful way to spend a rainy day. I do love eating soup and all of the ones you're planning sound delicious. I made a vegetable soup for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorrie,
      The French onion soup I saw made when it first aired on Julia Child’s cooking show.
      She made everything look good.
      May

      Delete
  4. Your soup sounds delicious!!! Reading is good, I agree! I also do some crossword puzzles (not online, the physical ones) in the evening. I like the mixed ones, they are a lot of fun and keep my mind active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I often see folks with a puzzle book in waiting rooms. Sudoku
      is a mystery to me.
      May

      Delete
  5. You remind me I have a very good butternut squash soup recipe and it's wonderful for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie,
      I hope you post the recipe on your blog.
      May

      Delete

Thank you for visiting