Wednesday, July 01, 2026

What’s going on with the heat waves?



In mid to late July this year, I expect those weeks to be scorchers. 

This is July day one. There is a high heat advisory posted already! Out my door it is 95°F ( 35°C).  I will not be surprised if the ambient temperature hits 100°F ( 37°C) this week. 

Please, pack an emergency kit for the heat. Check out the government CDC and National Weather websites for extreme heat safety.

 Think. Freezer packs in a thermal bag plus water. Walking, I keep a blue freezer block on the inside of my baclpack where it rest on my lower spine.

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

About me. I’ve not mentioned this before. I’m not OCD. I think it is normal to have a few (not many) silly things that bug us.  One such bother for me is frayed threads, little pieces of thread sticking out of a seam, for example. I clip them off. Bother gone. 
I saw a video where in an Asian factory, there’s a quality control person that clips off stray threads. 

Anywayz, I am happy to have seen that happen. So, as fate goes with its well developed sense of humor, the stretch fabric over my cast, after a thorough clipping of demon strays, now has three more for me to clip. 🀣


I found a fourth one. 😱
(top left horizontal)


4 comments:

  1. We were supposed to be having the same heat wave and I guess downstate it's worse (Monday was pretty humid and close to 90) but today it's only 79 and the high is 81 with 70s next week. Last night we had a major thunderstorm. That may have changed things and hopefully is coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie,
      The thunderstorms rolled through her last night, lit up the sky everywhere.
      Out there today for brief moments, the air felt uncomfortable.
      Stay cool & hydrated
      May

      Delete
  2. Hot here too and we've tried to stay home as much as possible. Had to go out this morning to pick up our grocery order but were happy to get home again. There have been some bad thunderstorms around us but nothing too bad here, luckily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous04 July, 2026

      Maryanne.
      Glad the storms haven’t been that bad. Stay cool & Safep!
      Same in my area, thunder, lightening and rain have been intense, but not all that bad.
      May

      Delete

Thank you for visiting