Thursday, August 06, 2026

Silly in August

On a hot August afternoon thinking of silly things is appropriate. Summer likes silly.

Never been in a hot tub
Have been in a hot spring

Never been on a cruise
Have been on a boat

Never owned a walkman 
Have owned a record player

Never saw the Statue of Liberty in person
Have been to NYC multiple times

Never been inside the Empire State Building
Have been across the street from it though

Never seen Grand Canyon in person
Have studied Grand Canyon in a geology 

Never been to Europe
Have ancestors from Europe

That’s it for a slow Thursday





6 comments:

  1. I do like this photograph.
    I've never been on a cruise but have been on a boat :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Boats on lakes are ok. On ocean waters is not for me. 🤣
      Have a wonderful weekend
      May

      Delete
  2. Silly, and yet delightfully reflective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie,
      Where we’ve been and what we’ve done can make nostalgia even more fun.
      May

      Delete
  3. This is a fun concept to play with. My first record player played 45's and was a hand-me-over from my uncle. I know the first record I ever bought was by the Supremes but can't recall which one it was now. I can say I've been on a cruise - of the dinner variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maryanne,
      “Stop in the Name of Love,” was a big hit.
      May

      Delete

Thank you for visiting