September 29, 2026

Character Creation, Letting Go & Recipe Sources

You know those times at the store when you see somebody you haven’t seen in months, and you thought they had moved away. You’re asked who told you that. A feeling of dread washes over you as you remember you do not want to say who. A web starts spinning right before your eyes. 

Use that puzzled look on your face to your advantage with a reply that you aren’t sure who it was. Then change the subject. 

Characters I create have such conversations. It is always a struggle for me to paint with words a negative profile. But, without that texture in the story, the narrative is too smooth, bland, unrealistic. We learn from people what characters can and should be.

What could possibly cause me to blog about that writing dilemma?

Well, I’m not sure.

It could be that today’s biggest task for me is to load up objects that facilitate downsizing my wardrobe. I really do dread thinning out my clothes.

Maybe baking the squash will lift my spirits.

Butternut Squash

This season I am keen on putting good effort into building a collection of recipes. Each week, I want to shop for and make a meal using a new to me recipe. 

To make it more fun as well as interesting, I’ll add different cuisines from around the World. I know American, Italian, Mexican, Chinese, and that’s it. A good source to start with is the Wikipedia page, List of Cuisines. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great plan! If you do Canadian cuisine, you may find poutine (it's actually a creation that was made here in Quebec). It is very tasty but not very healthy. LOL!
    I wish you all the best, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, to having met people and not knowing either their name or if they still lived in the area, so you are not alone, May. As for downsizing clothing, I was looking in my closet this weekend and wondering how I acquired so much clothing, so the sorting began. Two bags will be dropped off at local thrift stores this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting