September 07, 2026

Reflection Monday September 2026

In 16 days, it will be the  first day of autumn, 22 September 2026. Fall ends 20 December 2026, for a total of 90 days. 

Foliage, pumpkins, corn stalks, apples, apple cider donuts, craft fairs, squash soup, foggy mornings, dew adorning spider webs, blustery weather, mums, Thanksgiving.

Out of all of it, what enthuses you most?

Me. Squash soup & foliage




16 comments:

  1. I have already been bringing out my soup recipes. I so love this time of the year. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty Pumpkin07 September, 2026

      Janice,
      Here as well, thinking soup for a couple of weeks.
      May

      Delete
  2. The colors. I love the fall colors. And harvest foods. Thanksgiving's OK. Halloween? So-so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty Pumpkin07 September, 2026

      Jeanie,
      Halloween enthusiasm here in Vermont has always been s wonderment to me. Folks are just
      into costumes. It’s fun to see all that creativity,
      May

      Delete
  3. I love Autumn. ❤️ The beautiful colours of the leaves, the fresh, crisp air, the harvest of my favourite root vegetables such as Rutabaga, potatoes, carrots 🥕 beets and Thanksgiving. As well, my birthday is on October 27th. I will be 70.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty Pumpkin07 September, 2026

      Linda,
      Happy Early Birthday!
      October is the most colorful month.
      May

      Delete
  4. I love it all....everything about this time of year. Have a splendid September week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty Pumpkin07 September, 2026

      Sheri,
      Fall has a lot to love.A great week to you
      May

      Delete
  5. I love to get big pots of mums. They make me feel SO good! But everything is special about Autumn! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty Pumpkin07 September, 2026

      Hugs Diane
      Mums showed up at the stores last week. I notice
      at a garden center a size choice. The a price range is good. But,
      thirty dollars for the largest mums is sad. Thankfully, the small size at the grocery
      stores are affordable.
      May

      Delete
  6. The things that make me happy about autumn are falling leaves, butternut squash soup, and most of all cooler daytime temps. Hope that you are enjoying a nice holiday today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty Pumpkin07 September, 2026

      A nice holiday to y’all
      Standing under a large maple tree as the leaves are falling and letting out with a breath saying Ahhh, is a highlight of autumn. I highly recommend it.
      May

      Delete
  7. Fall is a nice change for most people but we have such a NO summer here that fall feels the same until December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty Pumpkin07 September, 2026

      Nicole,
      I think it will feel like it’s December sooner this year.
      May

      Delete
  8. Fall is good for soup and for apples and the colours are often spectacular. Beyond that is a 'meh' season for me. I hate not knowing how to dress in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maryanne,
      A fall quilted vest helps on chilly mornings that turn warmer as the day goes on.
      jackets can get too warm to wear.
      May

      Delete

Thank you for visiting