Hello Mid October

Route 125
Green Mountain National Forest
October 2024

The foliage has slid past peak in the upper elevations of Vermont. There is some color showing still at mid elevations, but I don't see the full bouquet of color as last week. Gorgeous scenery just the same.


A full day's foliage photography tour for me didn't happen for various reasons. Pollen has been quite a bother this year. Finally, I bought a store brand nasal spray. The Kinney pharmacist was a help explaining the difference between allergy spray from the spray I was looking for, (a cleansing saline spray).  I stopped taking the allergy medication that makes me too sleepy to do much but laze around. The nasal spray is a big help.

I've been painting and puttering most days. The majority of summer clothes are packed away. The winter puffer coat is in the closet. The mittens and gloves are in the drawer. Next is clean sandals and get out closed toe shoes for inspection. I have a pair of lace up boots from 1999 that I know leak when it rains. 

The one part of the foliage tour I will save to do is going to a nice diner for breakfast. Vermont is so beautiful, there is always scenery to enjoy. The importance of travel shouldn't be raked up with the fall leaves. Changing one's scenery now and then is, I feel, is healthy. 

The leaf & Me



Comments