Pumpkin Hunting


Slowed down by age, a seasonal allergy and a lousy attitude, this year I decided to not have a pumpkin hunt to find a roadside stand in the countryside to buy a pumpkin. 
Instead, early on, I bought two pie pumpkins at the Middlebury Agway Farm & Garden (where I also buy every year). The garden center has a country store vibe.

I bake the pie pumpkins. It is more off a treat to me than pumpkin cheesecake or a pumpkin spice latte. 

The foliage at this lower Champlain Valley elevation is near peak. The trees I can see out my window are in various stages of turning to their fall colors.

There is time for me to change my mind to buy a roadside stand pumpkin. Things of autumn aren't all done with for the season. I suspect with ambient temperatures in the 70sºF, there will be folks out and about enjoying the beautiful sunshine here in New England this week (where available). I plan a sit out and read with a light lunch outdoors.
There are still a lot of leaves that will be falling.

Is your autumn all about foliage and pumpkins? 

Comments