A storm system that rolled through yesterday had spectacular cloud formations. Along Route 7 going north out of Middlebury, the vista is quite far enough to see a huge sky cloud garden. I waited to stop for pictures until I reached a turn off area in Ferrisburgh, Vermont.
![]() |
| Field and woods very low clouds moving eastward |
![]() |
| Pull over near Rt7 & Rt 22A I stopped there to take photos. Looking southward |
![]() |
| Looking northward |
And then, arriving home the resident toad greets me.
In the summer, subjects to photograph are as good as any perfect autumn day. Yet, when I scan through photo folders, there are far more fall pictures than any other time of year.
As an amateur photographer, a seasonal balance hasn’t captured my attention. A autumnal moody forest interesting me more than a muddy trail with bare branches in spring, is the balance I naturally achieve. Although I see the beauty in both, the vibe of fall fills my soul.
However, autumn use to be my very favorite season, but it is giving way to the warmth of summer. Old bones needing life less cold is my guess on that.
How about you? Does one season over another capture your attention more?




The cloud formations that you captured were dramatically beautiful and among my favorite photo subjects. The season that has always been my favorite in terms of photo opps is autumn and also because if cooler temps and spring for the same reasons.
ReplyDeleteBeatrice,
DeleteCooler today in the upper seventies is nice. This is the time of year
to get outdoor projects done before the doors close to the cold.
May
Wow -- those are some heavy duty clouds! I've always been a summer person, with autumn close behind. (Possibly because a "good" autumn to me has lots of elements of summer!)
ReplyDeleteJeanie,
DeleteThe last hurrah of summer like hot weather in early October is always a treat. I’m not sure if the old name for it is correct to use nowadays.
May
Excellent cloud shots. I dig the spooky vibes.
ReplyDeleteIvy,
DeleteThose storm clouds were raging in color and form. The view
from a hill was superb.
May
❤️
DeleteEven though I complain about the heat....I love summer time best! I love the bright sunshine and long days...and beautiful sunsets! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteDiane,
DeleteThose are all perfect reasons to love summer!
May
The cloud photos are amazing. Here where I live it's cold all the time then in winter we get rain. It's all so boring.
ReplyDeleteNicole,
DeleteWhere you live escapes my mind. Cold and rain doesn’t sound cheery.
It is good you have art that can lift one’s spirits no matter what the weather.
May
The cloud formations are magnificent in their power; we are at the mercy of nature...
ReplyDeleteand the toad is a handsome fellow.
I love summer; I love the warmth on my skin—and if it gets too hot, you can retreat into the shade or indoors... summer is too short—if I had any say in the matter :-))) I’d make it last longer!!! I like all the seasons, especially winter with its glittering snow and sunshine... and yes, autumn with its colorful bounty... gray, wet, gloomy weather gets me down, and unfortunately, that kind of weather lasts quite a long time around here.
So let’s enjoy it now... summer... how wonderful.
Warmest regards
Viola,
DeleteYour summer day out and about looks fabulous.
May
Those clouds are incredible!
ReplyDeleteI love all the amazing greens of springtime the best and have a love/hate for fall colours. They're beautiful but a harbinger of the dreaded winter to come.
Maryanne,
DeleteWinter next I have zero enthusiasm for.
Methinks it is going to be a grumpy autumn because of that.
May