August 08, 2026

A Saturday in August 2026

Big clouds, breezy, hazy blue horizons, today in this just about northern part of Vermont and Upstate New York, it is a day to be out before the a storm passes through the Champlain Valley.  

After a short trip to Middlebury, I decide to take pictures of boats on Lake Champlain from Fort Frederic at the Crown Point State Historic Site.  I haven’t been out much this summer not wanting to drive far. Well, scrap the usual by the lake photo taking.

Today and tomorrow is a special event for The French & Indian War Reenactment  from 9:30 AM to 4:40 PM, Free admission and parking. 

I briefly stopped at the visitor’s center before deciding the heat and I aren’t compatible on this day. The drive was nice though. I did take a few pictures.

On the way home, I passed stopping at two yard sales. The thought of bringing anything home when I need to get rid of so much, is giving me the discipline I will never have with buying cannolis. 😎

Hope your weekend is going well

Thank you for stopping by

Fort Frederic along Lake Champlain
Upstate New York




Lake Champlain in August



13 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of your area. I'm sorry it was too hot to go to the reenactment. That sounds like it would be fun -- but a long time out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty Pumpkin10 August, 2026

      Jeanie,
      Reenactments, I feel, are interesting for kids and history buffs.
      For me, I’m conflicted with holding up war in a light that doesn’t focus on the stupidity and violence.
      May

      Delete
  2. Nice to hit the yard sales when you were out and about. It's always nice to bring something home, and that gives us a push to get rid of the things we no longer need or want. Your lake pictures are lovely. Have a good August week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri,
      The problem is for me, I don’t push things out the door in the volume they enter the door. 🤣
      May

      Delete
  3. We give yard sales a wide berth these days too - we definitely don't need any more 'stuff'. There don't seem to be as many as there used to be. Maybe people are keeping their 'stuff' or perhaps they're using things like Buy Nothing groups or Facebook Marketplace.
    Those skies do indeed look as though a storm's coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salty Pumpkin10 August, 2026

      Maryanne,
      Good point. Facebook Marketplace is all over the place.
      Even Youtubers talk about getting things from there.
      I have to look into that first furniture I need to get rid of.
      May

      Delete
    2. If you do decide to use FB Marketplace, don't allow the people to pick up from your place if you can find somewhere else to meet up (of course, if it's something large like furniture it might be more difficult). Our local police station encourages people to do meet ups in their parking lot. Better to be safe!

      Delete
    3. Salty Pumpkin16 August, 2026

      Good advice, thank you. I think folks have that option here as well.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a pretty drive. I haven't been to a tag sale in forever. They can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve,
      Tag sales can be fun. Locally, there has been fairly big sales going on.
      May

      Delete
    2. That is very cool, May.

      Delete
  5. It is so pretty there. I don't stop at yard sales but I'm having one next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole,
      Have a good yard sale!
      They are fun early Saturday mornings.
      May

      Delete

Thank you for visiting